Monday, January 4, 2010

So.....I guess I've begun blogging.

Hey everyone. My name is Will, and I'm also known by the alias "King Loudness" on certain Interweb forums, hence the nickname. After being told by a few people that I should do this, I've finally started. This first blog entry isn't going to be anything special, I'm just going to cover what I'm about, and one of my big interests.


I'm a man of few pursuits, but those that I pursue are relentless. First and foremost would be music. To me, there is nothing better. Music has been a constant in my life since I was first born. It's carried me through my highest peaks, and through my lowest descents. Through listening to my favourite musical artists, such as Van Halen, Andy Timmons, Blues Saraceno, Warren Robert, Jimi Hendrix, or of course my hero, Jason Becker, I can truly be one with my inner self. Of course, the best way to enjoy something is expressing yourself, so I best enjoy music by expressing myself through it, in this case, the guitar.

The guitar is something that, since I was three years old, has fascinated, boggled, and twisted the very depths of my mind and soul. Not to get too spacey or anything, but there are times I swear that the guitar becomes one with me, and when everything is right, then I can see why I was put on this earth. From the moment that my father presented me with the first guitar to call my own, to the present day, playing a vast majority of "axes", I can see that guitar is my destiny.

However, as much as I love to play guitar, I'd be outright lying if I said I don't enjoy the hunt for the latest and greatest. I'm always on the pursuit for "the one" guitar that will change my life, and thus, I am often found buying, selling, and trading pieces from my collection to try and attain that mystical dream. I've owned well over sixty guitars, and a fair few amplifiers and effect pedals, and yet I'm still looking for "the one". Often, I will scour Kijiji, or other related classified sites, or even take a trip to one of my local music stores, just looking for that forgotten treasure, waiting there to join the rest of my guitars in its rightful place. This is quite a fun thrill, but I doubt it will ever end. They call this G.A.S, and yes, I do have it. My current main guitar is the closest to perfection that I've found yet, the Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Six String in Mystic Dream finish, fully loaded. What a stunning guitar! I'll eventually get to a blog on my guitar collection, but not for this entry.

I also love fronting and playing in bands. Like guitars, I've been through many, just trying to find the right group of people with the right commitment level and amount of drive, desire, and passion to succeed. Since August of 2009, I've been in a band with two of my best friends, Roland Smith on guitar and backing vocals, and Zach Lacey on drums. These guys truly embody the spirit of a musician, in similar ways to my own, and as a result, we formed a project that we dubbed "Metalheart", a phrase coined by Ro', which I think aptly describes our intensity. We played a show or two, but sans a bassist, so we set out to audition one. When Mike Quann walked through the door, we knew we'd found our man. With a few quick rehearsals, we knew "Metalheart" was complete. As of now, we are currently rehearsing heavily, and hoping to get gigs and a demo recording very soon. More updates on that will be available at our MySpace page (http://myspace.com/metalheartofficial) when they happen.


Well, that's a bit about me, and my love for my biggest interest, music. More to come later, but until then, this has been "Tales From The Throne".

Stay Heavy and Shred On!

KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment